Golf carts. Liability. Are you covered under your homeowners insurance?

You just can't beat this New England weather. For many of us, it's time to hit the links for a few rounds of golf. Do you stretch your legs and walk the course or do you prefer to rent a golf cart?

-What happens if you injure another golfer with the cart?
-What happens if you cause property damage with the cart?

...Would your Homeowners Insurance respond to cover the damages?

Check your Massachusetts Homeowners Insurance policy to be sure, but...a "vehicle" is covered under all three Homeowners forms if it is a recreational vehicle, designed for off- road use and is not subject to motor vehicle registration.

This can apply to a golf cart. It IS designed for recreational use, OFF public roads and for the most part, if not modified, it is NOT subject to motor vehicle registration.

So, rest assured, there appears to be coverage under your Homeowners Insurance policy. This does not give you free reign to jump Bunkers or try to qualify for the Indy 500 on the back nine, but it should give you peace of mind to know that your Homeowners Insurance will be there when you may need it.

Stay safe and always remember...a hole-in-one means that you buy drinks for everyone at the club house.

Ready to Request a Free Quote? GET STARTED TODAY